Youth In Action
(available for Armenia)
Youth in Action is the Programme the European Union has set up for young people. It aims to inspire a sense of active European citizenship, solidarity and tolerance among young Europeans and to involve them in shaping the Union's future. It promotes mobility within and beyond the EU's borders, non-formal learning and intercultural dialogue, and encourages the inclusion of all young people, regardless of their educational, social and cultural background: Youth in Action is a Programme for all.
The YOUTH IN ACTION programme is the EU’s mobility and non-formal education programme targeting young people aged between 13 and 30 years. Its general objectives are the following:
- Promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- Develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the European Union;
- Foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- Contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organizations in the youth field;
- Promote European cooperation in the youth field.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Youth in Action Programme foresees five operational Actions:
- Action 1 - Youth for Europe- encourages young people's active citizenship, participation and creativity through youth exchanges, youth initiatives and youth democracy projects.
- Action 2 - European Voluntary Service - helps young people to develop their sense of solidarity by participating, either individually or in group, in non-profit, unpaid voluntary activities abroad.
- Action 3 - Youth in the World - promotes partnerships and exchanges among young people and youth organizations across the world.
- Action 4 - Youth Support Systems - includes various measures to support youth workers and youth organizations and improve the quality of their activities.
- Action 5 - Support for European Co-operation in the Youth field - supports youth policy co-operation at European level, in particular by facilitating dialogue between young people and policy makers.
More information is available at http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/youth/ or http://ec.europa.eu/youth/youth-in-action-programme/doc443_en.htm.